Wednesday 9 October 2013

the 35 week mark!

Howdy and Hello from me and Andy ;)
 
What's New???
 
The last few weeks have been nice and calm, as many of you know me and Andy have recently moved house, and we are finally established in our new bungalow in Belton :-)
we have 2 bedrooms now ,one of which is our brand spanking new nursery , here is a picture of our cot bed with the baby's ever growing cuddly toy collection!
What you cant see is that the walls are a pleasant buttercup yellow so that we can adapt the room as the baby gets older. We do of course have some pink items, such as our moses basket but I couldn't fit that in the shot!
The other aspect of our nursery that I utterly adore is our wardrobe and our collection of outfits!
This is not all of the clothes and outfits that we have, and I have no doubts that we will end up getting many more over time, but for now I am very proud of the items we have ;)
 
I will attempt to post some pictures of the rest of the house on my next upload, this one is a bit of a rush job as I'm really tired at the moment!
 
*************************************************
 
Also this week me and Andy went to our antenatal workshop at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital , I would love to say that it was really interesting and informative and we learnt loads, but in reality all we learnt is that I apparently have a "neat and tidy bump"... as opposed to an untidy bump??
They broke the day up into 2 halves, in the morning the midwife discussed how to recognise labour, and what the stages of labour were. Followed by a skimming over of different methods of pain relief ( natural, gas & air, water birth, Pethidine, Epidural ) I feel fortunate that I already knew what pain relief I wanted , as the information offered was not overly enlightening, however it seemed useful to some of the parents.
In the afternoon we spent a few hours learning about how to feed our babies and how often we should wash them, sadly there wasn't any videos we could watch, however I did recommend a brilliant video that I found on youtube by mothercare which was very useful.
 
As you can probably tell, me and Andy were not overly enamoured with the day,  we learnt a little bit, but I think we probably learnt more from the independent books that we have read ( Jo Frost Confident Parenting and The Pregnancy Bible)
 
********************************************************
 
What's new with Mummy
 
Sadly my iron levels have plummeted again and have had to succumb to the use of iron supplements, in conjunction with an iron heavy diet. I am sure this will solve the problem, and I am of course more than happy to suffer the foul taste if means our baby arrives safely. On the plus side, it does mean that I can drink loads of orange juice ( as vitamin C aids the absorption of iron ) and justify eating a large steak, wrapped in bacon with all my favourite veg, including Spinach and broccoli !
The only downside is that until the tablets kick in I have approximately Zero energy levels, which makes going out , just a little bit of a chore!
 
What's new with baby
 
Our baby seems very content still, she is still moving around , but not as much now - we suspect she has run out of room! however she still loves listening to music, and still wriggles around a lot early in the evening and when Andy gets home.
 
Well that's all for now, Hope everyone is well, let me and Andy take this time to invite you to come and visit our new abode, just get in touch with us either on facebook or send us a text/email
 
Bye for now
xxx
 



No comments:

Post a Comment