Friday 20 September 2013

Getting stuff ready

Hi Everybody!

This week has been eventful and interesting, me and Andy got registered at our new doctors surgery, and I was able to get booked in with our new midwife, ready for when me move to our new home :)
We also took an inventory of everything that we have been gifted and purchased in readiness for baby's arrival, which was very therapeutic, although maybe not as therapeutic as taking loads of the baby basics back home to wash, dry and iron so that they are nice, clean and fluffy for when our little bundle of joy arrives. It was quite possibly the only time I have really , really enjoyed doing the laundry. Here is the culmination of my mini nesting session!
 
What's Happening with Mummy
 
Lots of changes happening still, not only have I gained just over 2 stone, but my ankles are now swelling on a regular basis, I don't mind too much, but its quite uncomfortable if I want to go for a long walk ( which is one of my favourite forms of exercise)
Im sadly still getting heartburn, but thanks to a handy tip from my mum, its getting more under control with the use of Yakult pro-biotic drinks, I definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers!
I continue to get Braxton hicks (practice contractions), however I am learning how to deal with these the more they happen, I wont lie, they aren't the most pleasant of occurrences , but at least when I get the real contractions I will know how to deal with them!
 
What's Happening with Baby
 
The baby is continuing to kick and hiccup, however we don't feel her moving around as much now, having been reliably informed that the baby's head is now down, in readiness for the big day.
 
And finally.....
 
Thank you to everyone who has given us beautiful gifts for the baby over the last few months, here are just a few of the beautiful things we have been given ...

        


 

 
  

1 comment: